Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Virgin Mobile Blackberry Curve 3G 9330

Hey guys! So today I decided hey what the heck let's do a blog. Mind you it's my first blog. So, here it goes.

So, Friday I walked into The Source by Circuit City in pursuit of a new phone. I had been researching for two weeks or so. The phone I had chosen was the Blackberry Curve 3G or 9330.

My New Blackberry Curve 3G

Display

The Curve 3G sports a 320x240 pixel color display. Very bright. Very rich. Very nice! There is a font editor on the Blackberry and it is pretty cool! You choose from many font styles, sizes and types like bold, italic etc... Display Displays over 65,000 colors.


Camera And Video Recording

2-mega pixel camera! Comes with preset key on the right side of the phone for the camera launch. White balance settings (sunny, cloudy, night, incandescent, fluorescent). Picture sizes range from Small (640x480), Medium (1024x768), Large (1600x1200). Picture Quality(Normal, Fine, Superfine). Has 3 color effects ( Normal, Black and White, and Sepia). When you've clicked the Right Key to enter camera mode, click the Menu button and Options and you'll be able to change these settings to your preferences.

2 Megapixel Camera

Battery And Battery Life

This Blackberry phone has a 1150mAHr removable/rechargeable lithium-ion cell battery. With 19 days of standby time, 4.5 hours of talk time and up to 29 hours of music playback, this smartphone is a definite must have have. I have experienced that leaving the wi-fi on all the time will kill the battery in a near 12 hours. That's while still calling, texting, and using Blackberry Messenger. now I'm a 19 year old kid, I USE my phone to the max all day long long. To prolong the life of the battery I would suggest turning off the wi-fi when you're not using it, dimming the backlight, backlight timing, turn off Bluetooth when not in use and turn off the key tone.


Keyboard And Trackpad

The Trackpad is the best navigation tool I've used on a phone thus far. I hated on the old phones clicking the directional pad. it's annoying, Click! Click! Click! Click! Who wouldn't like a nice swiping motion no effort to use just slide your finger up, down, left or right on the trackpad and you're where you want to be in a flash. Left side of the trackpad has the Menu key, and the Call button. Left side has Back Key and End Key. Keyboard has the typical yet effective QWERTY keyboard. Keys are very comfortable to type on. Angled for comfortability and very nice to type on. I do not have small fingers whatsoever so saying that's its comfortable, I MEAN it's comfortable. QWERTY keyboard has Symbol, Caps Lock, Numbers, nice sized space key, Alt, and Lock buttons.


Audio

 Audio input is for a 3.5mm headphone jack. Integrated speaker and microphone for calling, voice memos, video recording, voice recording. Capable for Bluetooth handsets and hands-free headsets. The phone also has built in speakerphone.The speaker is located at the upper back of the device for music. The speaker for talking is located at the front top of the Blackberry Curve. The microphone is located bottom left. Placing the microphone here was a very good idea. Who wants to have a bunch of holes on the front of their smartphone? Not I! Very convenient.
Volume button are the two buttons on the right.

Media Player

Media player is a very nice feature not having to worry about having an MP3 player with you while carrying your phone. it's nice to have everything built into one device. I have put all my media library onto my Blackberry supported up to 32gb. Uses a MicroSD card. Video supports MPEG4, H.263, H.264,
WMV9. As the following audio files are supported, MP3, AMR-NB, AAC-LC,
AAC+, eAAC+, WMA, Flac, Ogg Vorbis. Music is very clear and not all distorted like other phones seem to be. You can create your own playlists without having to plug your device into a PC/Mac. You can use your Bluetooth stereo headphones to enjoy music too. Music player includes Equalizer Settings, Shuffle, Play, Stop, Next, Previous, Repeat. There are three toggle buttons on the top of the Blackberry sporting a convenient Previous, Play/Pause, Next. The Play/Pause buttons are also used to unlock the device. Using Blackberry Desktop Software you can easily transfer music onto your device. I personally used Windows Media Player to sync all the songs I wanted so the songs were organized Artist, Genre, Albums, and my already made Playlists. Very conveniently I might add is the MicroSD slot beside the battery so no more need to take the battery out and putting it back in.

Notice the MicroSD slot location.

Thank you for reading my review on the Blackberry Curve 3G.



















 

No comments:

Post a Comment